Sunday, June 1, 2008

Meet Me In St. Louis!

So I know it was been forever since I last posted, but my excuse is that we were on vacation. Byron and I decided it would be fun to take Zac back to where he was born and go down memory lane in St. Louis. We also wanted to have a chance to go visit Byron's sister Laurie and her family in Chicago. So we decided to put it all together and make it one big family trip. It was great to see Laurie, Rick, and her two cute girls. The cousins had a great time together. We went to Navy Pier, Millennium Park, The Aquarium, and the Science and Industry Museum. Byron and I even had a chance to take a Architecture Boat Tour which was great. We had almost perfect weather and perfect company. (Except my poor brother-in-law was writhing in belly pain and was finally admitted to the hospital for gallbladder surgery the day we left. The things people will do to get out of visiting with their in-laws.) From Chicago we flew over to St. Louis and spent the whole time going down Memory Lane. We visited our old house, and we were lucky enough to have our old neighbor still living there. We visited with her for about an hour and then straight to our favorite place of all time Ted Drewes. It is the best frozen custard we have ever had, and I think people who visited us would agree with us. We made sure to hit it every day we were there. We took the boys to The Arch and took them to the top. It is such a great way to see the city. From there we walked over to the new Busch Stadium and saw a baseball game. We also hit the Zoo which is huge and we barely got through it all, and Byron walked Zac around Saint Louis University campus and through all of his old buildings. The baseball was such a raving success that we decided to go the next night. It was a little surreal being back there, and Byron and I felt like we still lived there. We have such great memories of that place, and it was so fun to bring Zac and Max to see it. It was the best way for us the ring in the summer!

5 comments:

emily said...

Heather we are so glad that you are back!! It looks like you had a great time. What fun pictures. That one of Zac holding up the Arch is so fun.

Ryan asked what Z-man was doing this weekend and Kate replied, "Dad, he is obviously out of town or I wouldn't be here with you would I." So there is one little girl in particular that is very glad that you all,Z-man, are back in town. Welcome Home!!

Trevor and Brooke said...

Cute pictures! I've thought of what it will be like to one day go back to North Carolina. I'm sure you feel like you're picking up where you left off. What a weird feeling. Talk to you soon!

lori said...

the picture of superman zac holding up the "gateway to the west" arch is great!

you know 2 of my children did their 5th grade state reports on missouri. we love that state! did you know that missouri is the only state that is surrounded by 8 other states?! fascinating!!!

anyway, i love looking at your pictures and reading your blog. it makes my heart happy to stay in touch even if just through your blog. Hey, it's better than nothing!

i love you, heather, and think you are a wonderful wife and mother and that your family is wonderful! sending lots of love!

Nana said...

I'm so glad that you had a chance to have this great trip. I know that you had a great time...it is great when the kids are grown enough that you can take them along. All I can say is...I MISS TED DREWS!! I was with you in spirt. We are glad that you are back we missed you.

Christie Stewart said...

It was really fun to take pictures for Emily. Her kids are so fun. I would love to take pictures for you. Just call me. Emily has my number.