Saturday, June 14, 2008

Inner Tubes!


As many of you know Max has been having some hearing problems since about November of last year. He first started complaining about headaches and I couldn't figure out what would be causing them. Then one day Zac was talking to Max, but his head was turned and I could tell that Max had no idea that Zac was talking to him. So I took him to the doctor, and sure enough he had fluid in his ears. The next several months consisted of many antibiotics and none of them worked. His hearing was getting so bad that unless he was looking at you and you were near his ear he couldn't hear you. The T.V. had to be at full decibel and everyone had to yell. We decided to consult an ENT doc, who confirmed that he had fluid about the consistency of peanut butter in both ears. So Wednesday he went in and had tubes put in his ears. He did really well and was very brave. He woke up from the anesthesia crying and saying that his ear hurt, but he got over it quickly and the nurses were impressed by how well he did. It is amazing how great they work, and he is so excited that he can hear again. He keeps covering his ears and saying "It's too loud!" How great is modern medicine!

9 comments:

Amy said...

So glad Max can hear again! After my little brother got tubes he would yell all the time just because he could hear himself.

Kenley said...

Wow. I'm glad you found out what was up and that there was a remedy for it. Modern medicine is a wonderful thing!

Amber said...

That is such a cute picture of Max. I am so glad that he can hear now. I am reading your blog, but don't check mine until I tell you. It is great to be closer.

emily said...

I am so happy for Max even though I might miss the "WHAT?" He is so stinkin' cute.

Kara said...

Yay to be able to hear. It would not be fun to lose one of your senses.

Dan K Shaw said...

Great So glad there was an easy solution. I am so happy Max can hear. I am sure it lifted some stress from you guys to. Love you, can't wait to see everyone.

Ashley said...

Happy that he is doing well! How is your summer going? Has Amber found a house yet? We would love to have the boys over to play some time.

Craig and Jessica Smith said...

I had no idea that he had a problem! Devin and Carter had tubes and they are amazing. They were really young and they worked so well. He is such a cutie!

Nana said...

Heather I love your new format for your blog. It is easier for us old people to read! We are so glad that Max is doing better, I really enjoyed the play and dinner last night, so fun to be with all three of my daughters. That doesn't happen enough. Love Ya