Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recommendations

I have discovered a few things that I think are very worthwhile, so I thought I would let you all know about them. The first was actually a recommendation from my sister-in-law. It is a book called Why Gender Matters by Leonard Sax. It is a book about the physical differences between boys and girls. He writes that because of those differences boys and girls learn, make decisions, and react to discipline differently. It is very eye opening and information worth knowing about if you are a parent. Thanks Kristin!




My next recommendation is a CD I purchased recently. Most of you may have already heard of her. It is Sara Bareilles Little Voice. I think she is very talented and this CD is just enjoyable to listen to.



My last recommendation is to go to a summer concert this year. Several people are performing this is year; James Taylor, Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Sheryl Crow to name a few and buying these tickets and thinking I get to spend an enjoyable summer night outside at a concert is making me look forward to summer. So get out there and enjoy a Concert!




Hope you like my recommendations, and let me know what you think of them.

4 comments:

Nana said...

Loved your recommendations!! My guess is that you would rather me take the boys for an evening(hint,hint)then to go to a concert! What you have told me about this book is remarkable. It will help me understand my grandchildren,especially the boys! I wish this had been around when I was raising you girls.

emily said...

H- love your recommendations! I agree about the summer concerts. I bought tickets to TWO concerts. I never do that and I am so excited about it. I need to read that book, and lastly I bought that CD on your recommendation and I LOVE it!! Thanks!

Kara said...

Great recommendations. If only the red rocker was coming in concert this summer. Which one(s) are you going to go to?

Nana said...

Just bought the CD it is great I really like it!