Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Brian Head

We had one of Byron's brothers in town and we thought it would be fun to get us all together and have a camping adventure. Byron's brother Paul had found a campsite by Brian Head and thought it would be a great way to get out of the heat. So we packed up and went camping. The kids had a great time. We had brought their bikes and they were able to ride around on a dirt road near the camp. We ate a lot of food, biked, went swimming in this great reservoir near the camp, and of course had a campfire. There was only one small mishap. It pretty much goes like this; "Now Zac, when lighting a fire with a blow torch" (insert flames up in the air), Zac scream, and I hear someone yell "WATER"!! Luckily, no one was hurt and my heart receded its pounding about an hour later. The kids loved having cousin time. And it was a lot of fun getting so many Bankhead's in one place. There is nothing like sitting around a campfire talking until 1:00 in the morning. Fun was had by all!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love the quote of your mishap. I am just glad no one got hurt. I am glad Zac got to go to Miley, I am sure he loved it. The summer is going to fast. But atleast I am in Utah to stay.

Nana said...

I believe with all my heart that a boy whose last name is Bankhead should never, I repeat never, be around anything that has to do with FIRE!! This is my grandson we are talking about here, you are all going to give me a heart attack!

Amy said...

Thanks for making our trip so fun! We love you guys.

Stephanie Waite said...

Heather,
We are going up to my parents cabin by Brienhead this weekend. I don't know your travel schedule but we will be there Friday evening till Sunday if you want to come see us there. Email me if you want and we can talk more.

stephaniewaite@gmail.com

love,
steph

Dan K Shaw said...

What a great time. camping is always a great bonding experience. Keep up the good work. Love you guys.

emily said...

H- those are two of the cutest pictures of your boys. I love those. That is a great story! I LOL!!